Friday, October 01, 2010

High School Football America Checks Out 11th Winningest High School Football Program

by Jeff Fisher
High School Football America


As one famous girl with red shoes once said, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home".

That's definitely been the case over the last six weeks as I've reconnected with my hometown while shooting my season-long documentary on Roseto, Pennsylvania and its beloved Pius X High School football team.

Tomorrow I will be on-hand when the tiny town in the Slate Belt honors four individuals and the 1966 football team with induction into the Pius X High School Athletic Hall of Fame.  You can check that out Sunday at High School Football America.

In the meantime, I will be in historic Cottingham Stadium in Easton, Pennsylvania tonight to introduce my readers to one of my favorite stadiums.  Cottingham was built in the early 1920's out of sturdy concrete and has been home to the Red Rovers ever since.

Tonight, Easton, which is the 11th all-time winningest football program in America, will face Whitehall in a battle of unbeatens.  Whitehall is the program that produced former Penn State and NFL great Matt Millen.

Easton is former heavyweight boxing champ Larry Holmes' hometown, plus it's the third place where the Declaration of Independence was read to the public back in 1776.

See you later tonight when I will be posting scores from around the country.

Go out an enjoy at high school football game in your area...you WON'T be disappointed!

No comments: