Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tune-in to My First National High School Coaches Association Radio Show

by Jeff Fisher
High School Football America


It's been a fun Thanksgiving weekend in the Lehigh Valley...who said you can never go home?!

Aside from celebrating the holiday, I watched some great high school football and returned to my broadcasting roots...radio.

Saturday began with a two-hour guest appearance with old friends Jack Logic and Joe Craig on the Jack, Joe & Company radio show on WGPA-AM. It was a nice stroll down memory lane with plenty of talk about my early days on WEST-AM in Easton. The segment with my first broadcast partner Bruce Nagy, who's now living in California, made it a perfect start to the day.

Last night I spent a chilly night watching high school football in my favorite high school stadium...Cottingham Stadium in Easton, Pennsylvania. The 1920-era stadium came alive in the cold night air around when the Easton faithful celebrated the Red Rovers' district gold medal with a come-from-behind 13-10 win over Whitehall, which avenged an earlier season defeat at the hands of the Zephyrs.

Now, I'm preparing for my debut show as host of the National High School Coaches Association Sports Hour. You can listen to the show starting at 6 PM EST on the Artist First Radio Network.

My first guest is Easton head coach Steve Shiffert, who will talk about preparing his team to play three games in eight days, which included a Thanksgiving Day game against the Red Rovers' arch-rival Phillipsburg.

Also joining me on the first show will be Pius X (Roseto, PA) head coach Phil Stambaugh, who just finished a successful first year as head coach of the Royals.  Pius, which is the subject of a documentary I'm doing for High School Football America, was 8-4 and finished in second-place in Class A in District 11.

My third guest will be Mollie Omenski of GTM Sportswear, sponsor of the NHSCA Athlete of the Month.

To tune-in, click here.

No comments: