Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Betting on High School Football Games

by Jeff Fisher
High School Football America

This one disgusts me!!

I know it's not the end of the world, but...betting on high school football games?!

Seriously?

This was a tough story that I had to decide whether I should write about it or just keep it quiet so more people didn't know about it.

I decided to go with it, since maybe the publicity will result in state athletic association figuring out a way to stop it.

What got me started was an article written by Jason Cato of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Sunday, October 30th about a gambling website in Costa Rica taking bets on the October 21st Pittsburgh-area football between North Allegheny and Shaler.

However, it goes way beyond just one isolated game in western Pennsylvania.  Evidently, the site, that I will not name in this story, has been taking bets all year on high school games televised on the various ESPN and FOX outlets, plus games that just streamed on the internet.

Join me Thursday night on the High School Football America radio show when I talk with Cato about his story.

Click here to listen LIVE at 7PM Eastern Time.

Also take part in the High School Football Huddle Facebook poll, by clicking here and casting your vote whether this is right or wrong.

No comments: