Saturday, August 11, 2007

Jeff Criss-Crossing the Country



Hopefully everyone is enjoying the Dog Days of August. It's hot as hell in Chicago, and of course elsewhere. I've spent quite a bit of time on the road since June 27....and the one thing that makes it bearable is when I happen to drive by a high school football field I've never scene before!!

Yeah, I know that sounds corny, but seriously...when you're on the road, you need those little things to level you.

Remember a few weeks ago when I shared Laguna Beach High School...the most breathtaking few in high school football. After Cali I headed east.

One of my trips was to Rochester, New York to visit my brother and nephew on the banks of Lake Ontario.

The above pics are from the Gates/Chili Spartans High School football field. Now on the the surface, not a big deal until my brother informed me that the Chili part of the equation isn't pronounced like the thing I love to eat on a cold winter night!

It's Chi...like Chives and Li...like Lie. Yes Chi-Lie!! It's the little things that make the fabric of high school football and it's communities unique.

Heading out to Chili's to get...you guessed it...a hot bowl of Chi-Lie with extra cheese!

No comments: