Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Final Week of 2010 High School Football Season

by Jeff Fisher
High School Football America




I seems like it was just yesterday when I was writing with great anticipation about the start of the 2010 high school football.  Now, here I am sitting in the freezing cold of Chicago getting ready for my first-ever trip to watch football in Texas.

This weekend's Texas football championship games at Cowboys Stadium, along with title games in California, Florida and Pennsylvania will close-out a great season that has seen plenty of excitement.  If you don't believe me, just look back at all of the stories posted on the various high school huddle blogs.

Personally, I taken High School Football America thousands of miles this year to find great stories.  I'm in the process of writing and editing the video vignettes that we captured.  I even had time to start the first-year of a two-year documentary project on the Pius X High School (Roseto, PA), which is one of the smallest schools to play 11-man football in America.

While this weekend should be an eye-opener for me and my reporter Trish Hoffman, it's going to be hard to beat the story of Lowell High School (Michigan) and its Pink Arrow Pride game that has now raised nearly three-quarters-of-a-million dollars for Gilda's Club in the Grand Rapids area.

To learn more about the videos that we will be releasing in January, go to www.highschoolfootballamerica.com.

No comments: