Thursday, June 10, 2010

High School Football America™ asks "Is This Heaven...No, it's Iowa"

by Jeff Fisher
High School Football America

To say it's been difficult balancing earning a living while trying to launch my passion - High School Football Americais an understatement!

Last fall, I traveled over 4,800 miles by car and plane to capture high school football stories that weren't being found anywhere.  The good news is I found them...the bad news is...it's taken me a little bit longer to put together the video vignettes.

As June began, I made a promise to tackle my High School Football America project head-on without any excuses.

So without any further ado, here's my third video vignette from the 2009 season from Miles, Iowa.  A tiny town of 462 residents that play 8-man football in eastern Iowa.

In this story, my co-host Trish Hoffman and I go inside the locker room for an inspirational pep talk from East Central High School head football coach Dave Jenkins, who rallies his troops for battle against its arch-rival Preston, which entered the game with an unbeaten record.  We'll also take you up to the press box where Dick Keeney, the mayor of Miles, has doubled as the team's PA announcer for 16-years.



These types of stories are what High School Football America is ALL about - Small Towns...Big Games™.

For other video stories from the 2009 season, please go to www.highschoolfootballamerica.com/video.

BTW...in the coming weeks, you'll see videos from places around the country like Norwich/New London, Connecticut; Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania; Burlington, Wisconsin and Woodstock, Illinois.  All of these towns have interesting stories where high school football is woven directly into the fabric of the communities.

Enjoy,

Jeff

1 comment:

AnaVar said...

Great video! It's my first time here. I like your blog and I enjoyed going through it. I'm interested in football and I find lots of great, useful and fun information here.