Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Watermelons & Football Go Hand-in-Hand in Texas?

by Jeff Fisher
The High School Football Huddle


The great thing about surfing the web for high school football news is every so often you come across something you've never heard about. Today, it comes from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and reporter David Thomas, who writes a nice little high school football funny primer for the upcoming season.

Thomas writes about "watermelons suppers" being big business in Texas. He says there are even cheers about the oblong green fruit.

So in order to educate myself, I would like Huddle readers to write me to explain the concept of "watermelons suppers". Email me at jeff@blitzgroupllc.com and I'll post the explanations and stories so the rest of my readers can be educated as well.

No comments: