Tuesday, September 04, 2012

"The Turnaround": Working on Labor Day

by Jason Strunk
Lubbock High School Head Coach


Bam Johnson with TD catch against Canyon
Lubbock Offensive Player of the Week
Labor Day practice was good. We arrived early for hydration and nutrition. We went through our position meetings and started mentally prepping for the Coronado Mustangs.

Nothing out of the ordinary today at practice. 


One thing I know we will work on this week is game simulation with the power going out. 


Never, and I mean never in 16 years, have I ever played a game through a power outage. I don't know how I ever missed planning for that one (catching the sarcasm? because I am laying it on pretty thick right now). It is hard to fathom the scenario we faced Friday night. Sure we have been delayed by rain, lighitning and all that good stuff. But I have never played a game  totally without electronics. No game clock, play clock etc. I promise you we will be ready or a power outage next time...20 years from now, maybe?.

Lubbock High School Weekly Awards

Offensive Player of the Week - WR, Bam Jackson
Defensive Black Hammer Award -Safety,  Keefe Gallagher
Defensive Black Death Awarm - DE, Josh Waugh
Defensive Most Productive - Charles Keller

Tuesday is here... updates as things develop!

No comments: